Bash Script to Edit
This bash script is designed to edit the
/etc/systemd/logind.conf configuration file on a Rocky Linux Server or Workstation. Specifically, it modifies the
HandleLidSwitch option and sets it to
ignore. This configuration change is commonly used to prevent the system from suspending or performing any action when the laptop lid is closed.
To use the script, follow these steps:
- Open a terminal on your Linux system.
cdto your preferred directory.
- Download the NoSleep.sh script via
curl -O https://github.com/andrewthiesen/NoSleep.sh/blob/main/NoSleep.sh
- Make the NoSleep script executable by running the command
chmod +x NoSleep.sh.
- Execute the script as root using the command
- The script will update the
HandleLidSwitchoption in the
- Optionally, you will be prompted to reboot the system for the changes to take effect immediately.
- This script must be run as root or with superuser privileges to modify system files.
- It assumes that the
logind.conffile is located at
/etc/systemd/logind.conf. If your system uses a different location, please modify the script accordingly.
- Modifying system configuration files can have unintended consequences. Please review the changes made by the script and ensure they align with your requirements.
- It's recommended to take appropriate precautions, such as backing up the original configuration file, before executing the script.
- Rebooting the system is optional but can ensure that the changes take effect immediately. You will be prompted to reboot after executing the script.
Feel free to customize and use the script according to your needs. Please ensure that you understand the script and its implications before running it on your system.
Author: Andrew Thiesen